Over the last year I collected a lot of stuff for my crafts. This year was really productive and therefore all the stuff started to spread from my craft room to the living room for easier access. Now though it might have been easier to have everything close, the solution was less than perfect. I ended up with a punch of boxes stacked next to the couch which were hard to access nevertheless.
Recently my hubby started. to talk about this – he was quite annoyed whenever I started something new or got additional material. This was the time where I realized that I had to do something about this. I searched for a solution and finally came up with one based on the Ikea Eket series. This can be stacked however you want and has doors to close everything in so that it does not gather dust. Now after several long minutes figuring out the instructions – who ever said that those are easy to understand? – and building the 3D-puzzle, I am now proud owner of my new craft storage in my living room. Now it’s fun to work on my WIPs again and hubby is happy too.
Speaking of WIPs – Polly Plum is hosting a Finish Along CAL where the goal is to finish as many WIPs as possible in ten weeks. In the progress of cleaning up my craft space I also made an imventory of all my current WIPs to set my goal for this CAL. Here is the list I came up with:
- the second Nuts about Squares in Earth colours
- my beach bag that needs some fabric added
- Sophie’s Universe
- a shawl I started quite some time ago but am not happy with the design
- Ross Poldark which I am currently working on tomget finished
- a lalylala bunny which is missing the cross-stitched roses
- Charlotte – 2 of 25 squares finished
- a gothic amigurumi doll
- some squares that should have become a throw for my couch but now will end up as a bag instead
Let’s see how far I can get in the next 10 weeks – especially as I have several new projects on my mind.